A letter to my friend Manoj

Hey buddy, 

To me.. it is not a news item to share..

I am shocked beyond saying RIP

I firmly believe there should be peace in living and nothing matters after that...

I knew you 20 years ago as a smart, reticent class mate..

But the last three years has been very special because I came to know you,

Flaws and wounds..

Dreams and aspirations..

Someone who was more human than many..

Very deep and sensitive...

Very special to me especially since

I am all flaws and sensitive too

I  could connect with you easily

It was you who compliments me after these many years ,

Of all the very small handful of friends I do have, 

No one takes a second look at my paintings like you did and found yourself in that, 

No one from my past friends validated me for my life which is not what I envisioned when young, 

No one opened up about their life with trust like you did, 

No one made me look up a word from a dictionary in a very long time, 

No one told me many things new that I didn't already know , 

You were the uncle from a brother that I didn't have for my kid,

I can't even type in all the things you were for me the past three years ,

You kept telling me that  I was your Jeeves to your Wooster and  you thought I was an intellectual friend .

You might have thought of these for any other friends too but you did it for me

You made me talk with friends I lost touch with, 

You made me more spiritual and take a different look at things, 

You thought you impinge on my time, 

My family thought you were my friend, 

They both cried when I told this cause they literally know of no other friend I talk often with, 

I am just devastated that I won't have my friend who seeks out to tell me his high and low tales,

I might still have to return the book i borrowed from college, I don't remember if it was uncannily"sunshine at blandings",

You are truly missed my friend ,

I don't have many people I can discuss PGW with 

I know you don't do social media,

 I told you to write up your thoughts and adventures, 

 I still write this up cause memory is funny and time is too.

 I know this is not enough of an ode,

 Life is precious and this is the only way I can process your loss,

 I will miss your calls and messages on random topics I need to google, 

 Time will heal but till then a small part of me will be in void and missing the friend from high above the clouds when living and now.  

Just when I thought I got someone i can discuss life with 😞 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog